New wireless entertainment solution ??

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New wireless entertainment solution ??
  • From: "Stainton-James, Mark (London)" <stainmar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:41:01 -0000

This product looks really interesting, although it is only available in Denmark at the moment.

This is how I think it works. From what I can see the hand held unit connects to the PC at 433Mhz, and it acts as a kind of advanced remote control for your PC. The base station unit connects to your Com port and takes your video signal output and sound output from the PC to allow distribution across existing coax.

The Denmark price works out to around £250.

If anyone has any experience of these please let me know, as I am very tempted to try and get one sent over.

Mark

http://www.palmbutler.com/download/pbdatasheet.pdf

"Palmbutler transforms your PC into a home entertainment center which can be connected to your antenna network and thereby show the PC's digital entertainment on all your home TVs and music systems.

Selecting and playing the entertainment files from your PC are controlled by the Palmbutler terminal. This wireless communication with the computer allows Palmbutler to be used anywhere within the home.

Palmbutler enables you to:

·  view your digital photo album on the TV

·  Play MP3 music on your hi-fi

·  watch DVD movies from your PC on all the TVs in your home

·  watch video & news from the Internet on TV

·  listen to Internet radio on your home music systems

·  turn PC on and off remotely

·  and much more"

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk