RE: Media PC

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Media PC
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:59:08 -0000

> Seems a bit flawed in a number of areas.

The main one being it runs windoze!

IIRC it was stuttering on the opening credits to Star Trek
"Generations"
and then it just froze ... The guy blamed fingerprints on the DVD but
all the other "dedicated" players played it just fine.

> It's still got a
> couple of fans in it, and it's hardy groundbreaking.  It's
> also quite expensive for what it is.  Finding a case is the
> difficult thing, but once that's sorted, standard PC bits and
> 7vdc fans will be just as good as his design.  Perhaps more
> than a month should have been spent on research?  The Fujitsu
> (which has appeared in the tiny Currys branch in Chippenham
> now) DVD/PC seems the best ready-made solution out there ...
> at the moment.

I've never seen it but I have heard some good reports about one that
Tiny do!

Phil