Re: Re: Multimedia system - link

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Re: Multimedia system - link
  • From: "Graham Butler" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 23:38:27 -0000

I've no idea if you have broadband or not, so this suggestion might not be
applicable to you directly, Patrick, but it might be useful for others.  My
setup is to have an email server (Mercury from Pegasus) on my home server
which has all my mail accounts on it, which is then accessed in-home by my
regular PC using Outlook or whatever.

Now, although Mercury doesn't have a built in web-interface (at least none
that I've found), www.endymion.com have a demo of their Mailman web plugin
on their site, into which you can put your username, password and
mailserver
details and access whichever server you like.

Voila, I can check mail from anywhere using a browser, plus it all gets
delivered to my home client as well. Ok, so it's not the most elegant of
solutions, but it works for me :-)