Re: TiVo subscription ?

This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet.
http://www.thefreeinternet.net

Ok, I managed to get a TiVo today from Powerhouse for £199 (after
much arguing with the salesdroid who said "Sky have told us they are
£300 and thats what we sell them at" - duh ? since when do Sky
dictate the pricing of a Thomson TiVo box ?)
Hmmm, I just took Phil with me - he's on first name terms with the guy at Winchester branch ;)

So anyway, now I need to sort out my subscription, and i'm trying to
work out if I should go for the £200 lifetime, or the £10 per month.
I bought mine without the intention of subscribing - but something I may consider if it's that good (which it appears to be after a brief play)...

I'm very aware of how quickly technology moves, and i've also heard
that the subscription is tied to the box, so should I knacker the
box up (read : hacking), then my £200 is up the swanny, or is this
not the case.

Hmmm, guess what I'll be looking at later too....... ;)  Now if it could hook up with Digiguide, we'd be laughing.....

Any advice would be helpful, as I am planning on hooking it up
tommorow.

You can have a month's subscription FOC I think - then you can decide whether you want to continue.

James H

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

For more information: http://www..automatedhome.co.uk