RE: Re: [OT] Selling Kodak Camera :)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Selling Kodak Camera :)
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:54:42 -0000

Have to agree with Mark, here. There is no way I would offer back to the
group a purchase I had made and expect to make a profit if someone else
had done the bulk of the work. Marks original post did say it was going
on ebay but offered to the group as a courtesy. I don't think Mark or
myself can be accused of profiteering! Everyone had the opportunity to
buy one of the Kodaks (if you were quick enough).

I did buy the Kodak as a genuine punter with the intention of selling my
existing lower spec (2.1 mega pixel) camera. However, swmbo has grown
fond of the older camera and doesn't want to learn some new controls :-)
so the newer camera needs to go. I had thought of using the proceeds for
a WAP and card, but the Tivo deal today has swung it.

Bearing in mind also, I was one of the active participants in bring the
matter to book, albeit in a small way, (as I remember Mark did also) and
got involved with trading standards taking time off work to be
interviewed etc, so I do feel that I have done a bit more than take the
offer and try to resell at a profit.

Just my 2p

Don