RE: Ceiling Lights & Local Control

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Ceiling Lights & Local Control
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <doogiebrodie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 17:39:08 -0000

> They should really go in an enclosure, its like using plastic
> connectors rather than a proper joint box, the  inner sheath
> of the cables should not be exposed outside of an enclosure.

Hehehhe.... Ordered it now... Should be here tomorrow... I'll see what
Craplins have.... :)

> And don't just chuck it up there, take pride in your work
> boy, screw the enclosure to a timber and keep it above the
> insulation or it will overheat, try and put it near the trap
> or so you can get at it when the fuse blows, you don't want
> to be grovelling around up there in your PJs when the bulb
> goes on the way to bed.

:D Trap....? Single floor flat..... No access from above.... ! This will
involve taking the ceiling rose down, possibly knocking a hole in the
ceiling depending on space (and what falls down when I take the rose
off.... !) and then re-assembling with something to cover any mess I've
made.....

Doogie