Re: OT: ISP questions + on topic PS (correction)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OT: ISP questions + on topic PS (correction)
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:26:56 -0000

OK, yahoo hiding email addresses and me not noticing the 'insert' key
was pressed has screwed up the middle of my last message. Here is the
corrected section:

Another question is slightly related. I have a client whose web site
I am going to be hosting on my server (which is colocated with
my 'real' ISP). I run DNS on my server along with Exchange 5.5 and I
want to offer email routing to the client. I have already done this
for another client and it works really well. I have set up routing in
the Exchange IMS so that email sent to anyname[at]domain1[dot]com is
relayed to anyname[at]domain2[dot]com where domain1 is the domain
that matches the client's web site and domain2 is their real email
domain which is provided by their ISP. The problem is that my new
client has their email account with V21 and so their email address is
uniquename[at]21 [dot]co[dot]uk. As I understand it, Exchange can not
relay all domain mail to a single account and so the approach I used
with my previous client will not work here. So, I am now thinking
that I should get the client to change their ISP to one that offers
unmetered connection AND gives an email address that has a unique
domain that I can relay to. Again any suggestions would be most
welcome.

Regards

Graham