RE: Re: Swish IR Stuff

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Swish IR Stuff
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phillip.harris1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:09:53 -0000

OK ... Here's a "watch this space".

John Hill has just finished designing and making a prototype X10 curtain
controller that will give discrete open and close commands to a K400
motor (and the new Silent Gliss version).

I'll be picking it up on Saturday to test and there are a couple of
"bugs" in the PIC programming to be sorted but it seems to work
OK at
the moment.

Neither John nor I want to be building circuits for this unit so we are
trying to get it taken on by another company however there are a few
things that need to be ironed out such as casing the thing (it obviously
has mains voltages flying about inside as it responds to X10), ensuring
it is safe and also ensuring that the original designer of the X10
receive circuit doesn't mind us using his subsystem in our design.

The circuit isn't cheap to build and the boards won't be cheap to have
made in limited quantities so the board will not be cheap either but it
will give you X10 control of your curtains! (I needed six of 'em.)

Phil

Swish IR
> remote
> > control modules (=A325), and some extra IR receivers (=A35) in
their
> clearanc
> > range.  Do these work with the K400 motors??
> >=20
> > If anyone would like me to pick up any, let me know.
> >=20
> > Stuart
>=20
>=20
> FREE CreditCheck Monitoring Service trial=20
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA>
/IBOolB/TM

For more information: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20