RE: Sunday HA Session

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Sunday HA Session
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 16:59:41 +0100

Yes sorry I was not too clear. I think the sound issues were more to do
with the 128k sample than the AT. I'll have to play with some 256k
samples. The ones I used were downloaded from Imesh and were residing on
my hard drive as I had not got round to ripping any CD's !! :-)
More playing still to come! Not compared the analouge out yet.

Any good sources of MP3's on the net? Would prefer the higher quality
sizes though. Imesh only seems to have 128k as a rule.I'm new to all
this MP3 caboodle. I guess 'borrowing' MP3's is off course piracy and I
distance myself from such things (Honest!) (Oh please no flaming.)

Any one got an auto loader that can rip, catalogue and store 700+ CD's?
Maybe I could train the wife????????

Many Thanks
Rob
Rob Mouser
rmouser@xxxxxxx
rob@xxxxxxx

You sure that's not just coz you ripped them at 128k rather than being
the
AT per se?
I prefer the sound of 192k WMA's personally.  Most ppl of course go for
256k
MP3's.

Not tried pure WAVs - afraid I'd like wm too much and need terrabytes to
store all my colelction :-)

Have you compared the analog out with the output thru your DAC?
Definite
improvement IMO.
Not seen any complaints about the optical output, just the analog
one.....

Dunno mate, I don't use it.  All it does, IIRC, is let you set the
location
of the device.

The AT support group is pretty good, with a few well clued up
individuals
there - might be worth posting the problem there.

Soz can't be more help.....

Tony

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor