RE: [OTish] DVD Writer Advice?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OTish] DVD Writer Advice?
  • From: "Ray Barnett" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 06:06:32 +0100

Jason,

The software I've been using goes by the rather daft name of "Stomp
Backup
MyPC", formerly Veritas Backup Exec.

It seems to work quite well, and they do a free 30 day evalution version
that I'm currently playing with. The only thing I've been disappointed by
is
that either the drive or the the software isn't capable of spotting bad
media as it is writing to it. I had one bad DVD-RW that was only spotted
when I did a verify of the backup. Annoying since it was disk 1 of a 3 disk
set.

HTH, Ray.