Re: Web interface for DDAR control WAS JRec software vs Audiotron

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Web interface for DDAR control WAS JRec software vs Audiotron
  • From: "graham_howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 09:46:33 -0000

> Ken and I were discussing moving MP3 player type discussions to
dedicated
> group, not referring to your specific question as such.
> Why are you getting so het up about it?

The very first line of your very first response to my question
was "This is not the place to "discuss" DDAR vs Audiotron". You then
went on to discuss why you prefered the AT to the DDAR which was not
the question I asked.

> Well excuse me for suggestiong ppl in the JReceiver group might be
able to
> answer your question!

You never did suggest that, all you said was that this was not the
group and that a specific MP3 group might be more appropriate.

> nobody is being confrontational except you Graham.

I didn't accuse anyone of being confrontational, I simply said that
my question was not confrontational.

> Your original thread seemed, IMO, like it could head into another X
vs Y
> debate.

You are of course entitiled to your opinion, but the fact is that it
did not head into any sort of debate other than one on where the
question could have been asked.

> You said it wasn't and I suggested, as it was a JReceiver question,
that you
> might get help in the JRec group.

No you didn't

> I also mentioned that it might be worth having a single spin off
group to
> cater specifically for MP3 type players given the variety of them
the group
> will soon have and given that there are bound to be loads of
> questions/comparisons etc about them of no interest (IMO) to the
rest of the
> group.

I agree that you did suggest this, and it might well be useful to
have such a group, but we don't right now, so this seemed like a
reasonable place to ask the question.

> Oh and whilst it may ultimately be up to Mr McC to say yay or nay
to a given
> topic, it does not stop and has not stopped (as far as I am aware)
plenty of
> ppl in the past suggesting topics are OT and/or should be moved to
other
> groups, so why get peeved on this particular occasion?

I personally don't mind stuff being off-topic and I actually don't
mind the occasional 'debate' in here. The only reason I felt I had to
re-assert the original question is that the thread had immediately
been diverted to a discussion of where to ask the question! Something
that has happened again now of course :(

Graham

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor