Re: Something to Make TIVO owners cry.

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Something to Make TIVO owners cry.
  • From: "Dan James" <UKHA@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:47:30 -0000

I went into PCworld the other day and they happily opened up a box
for a digital camera so I could have a play....

He then put it all back in the box and put that back on the shelf.

(I was not going to pay their prices but they happily demo'ed :-)

As for Dixons in Bighton, normally they have the stuff out for demo -
but it may be worth a phone call first.

I suppose I have always viewed chains such as Dixons and Comet as
mass market box shifters, for people who cannot be bothered to shop
around, I would always rather buy from an independant than a chain!

(9 times out of 10 independant = better price & better service)

Did you know for example that a lot of white goods sold in chain
stores have their warranties cut by the manufacturer, (usually down
to 1year, so that you can be sold additional warranties by the shop)
but if you buy the same product from an independant you normally get
a fully 3 year manufacturers warranty included in the price!
(and if they are good usually for less money than the chain store
too).

Dan

PS I have nothing to do with Dixons............... I simply believe
in supporting small business.