RE: Sony Camcorder...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Sony Camcorder...
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <dorsai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 22:23:45 -0000

Phil

I have a Sony TRV900 it is both way and was sold that way, at the time most
camcorders were output only as having DV input classified it as a video
recorder and they get hit with a higher rate of tax (some stupid EC
regulation).

I have done some editing on the PC and yes you will get hooked although you
might get away with selling an eye rather than a kidney as prices are now
more affordable.

I can tell you that the TRV900 (which is prosumer level) has incredible
quality but not all of it is down to it being DV. In addition to being DV
it
has 3 CCDs rather than the more usual 1 CCD and damn good optics.

As Mark said most DV cams can be hacked and a lot more of them are two way
as standard.

I get away with using a P3 550 for editing with a firewire card for input,
main problem is disc space, DV footage eats it and then you need even more
to do any useful editing. It used to be necessary to use SCSI discs but I
think most modern drives can now handle the DV stream.

This page ....
http://www.bealecorner.com/trv900/index.html
is TRV900 specific in part but has lots of good DV general information as
well.

If you have any specific questions just ask.

Cheers
Mick

DCR-PC100 has

the