Re: Starting a new flood wiring project

On Thursday 11 October 2001 21:39 pm, Stuart Booth wrote:
> On 11 Oct 01, at 18:38, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:
> > > Anyone got any ideas as to what extra cabling to install,
how to put
> > > the cabling in myself, and any offers of help ;)
> >
> > Yeah, 2 cat5 won't be enough. I have 16 going into my lounge and
I could
> > have done with more.
>
> Out of curiosity, what shape is your lounge, and on each wall, how
> did you lay out those 16+ cables? 4 a wall, or 8 where the TV
> goes, and the rest spread across the room, that sort of thing??

The lounge is _almost_ perfectly rectangular, apart from a window bay &
one
of the 2 doors pertrudes about 1.5 foot into the room in 1 corner.

The origional plan that I drew up was to have 4 on 1 wall, 8 on the
opposite
wall & 4 others around the room.

Well that plan went to pot when I drilled the first hole in the wrong
place,
so now I have 8 on two opposite walls.

I had to run the cable down through the wall cavities from the loft because
we have solid floors downstairs and chip board upstairs. So I was limited
where I could put wires.

> Or does that 16 include planning ahead by cabling to each light
> socket, curtain, window and plug?

No, unfortunatly I didn't have time in the project to do that as well, but
did manage to put in 2 runs of speaker wire up one wall accross the loft
&
down the other for my speakers.

--

Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>