RE: IRDA - Was Pronto and NTL box

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IRDA - Was Pronto and NTL box
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 14:05:33 +0100

Hi Ian

Would you keep me in the loop here as I would like to incorporate IRDA into
the current transmitter units I have built. I have allowed some headers for
a daughter board with this in mind.

It is the chips and connections I am after as well as how to decode inbound
IRDA (not sure if he is planning this).

Do you have any links to AVR programming software (like MPLab for the PIC)
and possibly some example code. My programmer can program some of these
chips and they are better than the PIC for speed applications as there is
no
divide by 4 of the clock.

Thanks

(another) Ian