Re: Sounds through Comfort

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Sounds through Comfort
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 22:22:49 +0100

I have my porch PIR have comfort send an X10 signal which is then a trigger
for a Homeseer event. This then used to result in a TTS announcement of
"There is someone at the front door" be spoken over the house
announcement
speakers. (I say used to, as SWMBO forced me to turn it off...)

It could just as easily have played an MP3 of WAV file, so hey presto, as
soon as someonw approaches the front door, an appropriate sound file is
played. Same goes for doorbell push, and door opening...

Paul G.