Re: Audio Switching

> Guys,
>
> Any of you done this (surely) or know of any products that can do it:
>
> I want to feed the line out of my PC soundcard (probably from
home-seer)
> down over Kat5 to my home cinema amp downstairs and announce it over
the
> speakers.

> ...or perform some audio switching of the
> input signal to mute whatever signal was going into the speakers at
the
> time and just output out my PC audio.

You could use a 'ducking' or 'sidechain' compressor. It compresses the main
audio signal if a signal is present on the sidechain (eg your PC output)
and
mixes the two. It's the effect you hear when DJs talk over records, where
the
record fades into the background as they speak. It'd be less harsh than
just
switching the audio. But prolly more expensive ;)

ant
--
ant@xxxxxxx                   /\/\                  www.ant.org
(`')