Latest message you have seen: Re: Belkin Network USB Hub

Re: The project, habuy, sourcefordge, ukha

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: The project, habuy, sourcefordge, ukha
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 05:57:08 -0000

> What about subscringing ukha_d to the development lists as a digest
user?
> That way all posts would be visible on both lists?

I can see two problems, as I would be on both lists I would end up
with two messages in my inbox.

But my larger worry would be that as a second list If someone just on
ukha had a valid idea they might not post it.

Why not use ukha, I have not seen any posts objecting ? I see only
one downside, you could not just go to one place and see all the
posts on the project, you could manage this with your email client by
using rules.

I have a idea. lets use ukha for the posts, create a read only list
on sourcefordge I will create a private list on my server which would
subscribe to ukha, on receiving posts to ukha it would look for a key
word which we agree and repost in admin mode to the sourcefordge
archive list. It should be possible. This way we all see just one
post, anyone can post, we have a web archive, no risk of ot posts to
the project. I am working on the assumption it is posible to create a
read only list with posting from the admin group.

Good idea or what ?

John