Latest message you have seen: Re: Solar PV Monitoring

Re: Wireless Ethernet and DECT Phones?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Wireless Ethernet and DECT Phones?
  • From: lardfest@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 13:10:39 -0000

I have an Orinoco Wireless setup (ePod) plus 2 DECT phones, (Phillips
Onis2). I have had no problems to date, been using both together for
a month or so. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it both
use the 2.6 Ghz frequency but within that use slight offsets within
that band.

regards

Neill

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Ian B" <I.Bird@T...> wrote:
> Hi Jason
>
> Not quite what you are after but here is my experience:
>
> I have the Orinoco wireless system which I use with both my laptop
and ePod.
> One day I was on the phone (BT Synergy something but dect) and as I
walked
> near the laptop it lost its network connection. Move away a few
feet and
> back it came. It worked fine as long as I was about 6 feet away.
The base
> unit for the phone was around ten feet away with no effect either
way.
> Wireles signal was about half strength.
>
> I didn't try anything else as it wasn't important at the time.
>
> Ian

I've got a
> feeling it may have been with bluetooth and wireless and not DECT
and
> wireless.
>
>   But either way, there is no safer way to spend money than being
assured
> that someone else already has it working.
>
>   If anyone does have both running, could you please include the
make/model
> of the equipment, and any opinions on the quality and support, as I
plan to
> buy both soon.
>
>   TIA
>
>   Jason