Re: Radio mics

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Radio mics
  • From: Barnett_Ray@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 23:15:01 -0000

> Has anyone got any good/bad experiences with radio mics, and anyone

I've been playing with a radio mike I got cheap from Tandys - its a
Radio Shack Wireless Microphone, running on FM. The main problem I
found is that HomeSeer voice recognition seems to be quite fussy
about the gain on the microphone, and you don't have to vary it much
to break recognition.

Sat in front of the PC (where the receiver is) I went through all the
training and got pretty impressive speech recognition. HomeSeer also
seemed to work quite well too. However the further away I moved from
the receiver the worse the accuracy seemed to be: varying from mis-
recognising phrases to just not listening to me.

To be fair though I gave up on it after a couple of evenings. Tired
of the wife having laughing fits at me as I wandered around the house
doing a Carry On impression getting increasingly frustrated (read
shouting) as the voice recognition turned random things on and off.

When it worked it was pretty funky though :-)

Ray Barnett.