Re: OT: Controlling the NTL Di4001 Digital Box

If it's taking that long it's crashed. Unplug it for 30 secs then
re-power and see what it does. If it continues it could just have died.
My first digibox lasted 3 days ... this one [so far] has been fine. Oh,
and if it does require an engineers visit to sort or replace it, don't
forget to hasle them for a discount on your next bill for lack of
service. Depends who you speak to but some are actually rather generous :-)

Calum

Brian G. Reynolds wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get the blasted thing to work in the first
place!

> Mine has been displaying "tune" on its front all evening and
saying
> "updating the system, this will not take long" on the TV!
>

> I binned Sky because of the continued breakdowns and "unplug it
and
> start it again" response from the Sky "help-line".
Although they did