Re: Well OT : Post Office

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Well OT : Post Office
  • From: "Dan James" <UKHA@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:37:29 -0000

Having implemented these in a large uk company that had to abide by
them - yes they can, the advantage you as a punter has is that you
can have the company fined for sending you junk / calling you.

But at the same time it is a bit of a catch 22, All mailing companies
should check the lists before they send you stuff, which means you
will not get offers from anyone!! unless you expressly ask them to
send you stuff. so I suppose it puts you in control

Also it may take upto 3 months for it t  stop the junk, as updates
are only issued quarterly.

It is worth doing if you want to stop all junk :-)

Dan

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Mark McCall" <mark@a...> wrote:
> Thanks Dan.
>
> D  these things work?