Re: Easicom TV3

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Easicom TV3
  • From: "Steve Cooper" <steve.cooper@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:34:42 +0100

Got mine on Monday and took about 2 minutes to setup.

I setup a couple of mail accounts one for me and one for SWMBO.  Also went
onto the talk21 website and setup the speechmail options so it will send me
a SMS notifcation of any new mails and when I dial up speechmail it reads
my mails to me.

Agree with all of steves points.
One problem I have found is that after looking at the calls screen, if you
switch t  the RF tuned video channel on the TV it doesn't seems t  bring it
up the signal from the video until you press play.  i.e. you can select
channel 0 and then change the channel on the video and nothing happens but
after pressing play on the video and stopping it it works OK.

All in all well worth the =A320 and SWMBO was impressed.

Steve

=
=
=20
"Steve                                                 =
=
=20
Edwards"             To:     ukha_d@xxxxxxx    =
=
=20
<edwards_sj@y        cc:                               =
=
=20
ahoo.com>            Subject:     [ukha_d] Easicom TV3 =
=
=20
=
=
=20
12/07/01                                               =
=
=20
11:02                                                  =
=
=20
Please                                                 =
=
=20
respond t                                              =
=
=20
ukha_d                                                 =
=
=20
=
=
=20
=
=
=20

I received my Easicom TV3 from Telephonesonline yesterday, I thought
just go through some initial thoughts just in case anyone was
thinking of buying one.

Good points

Very simple t  use.
CLI overlay seems t  work fine.
Good little keyboard (Most importantly it uses standard IR, my
marantz remote learned the 'calls' button without problems).
Easy to set up email.
Phonebook allows two numbers plus email for each name.

Bad points

12p + local call for send/receive.
Call light shows even if call picked up.
Can't use own ISP.

I'm quite impressed with it really though, I was just going t  use it
for CLI on the TV but I will probably set up the email for SWMBO, 12p
is only a couple of text messages after all...

Steve

btw, the courier used is initial city link which I've had problems
with before, not this time though.