RE: Missed Epod

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Missed Epod
  • From: "Dan Hoehnen" <dhoehnen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:20:41 -0500

This is my thinking too.  But, sometimes price is the number 1 concern.  I
chose the Linksys AP because it has 2 detachable and movable antennae.  I
figured if I could find an adpater for the antenna connector, I could
remote
1 antenna and improve range/performance.  Wireless mic systems do this and
it helps.  But, I have not yet found an adapter for this antenna connector.
No real hurry either since the range covers my entire house.

Dan

P.S. I am in the US

PCI
> card in one machine and use that machine as a router.
>
> Costs:
>
> £120 - PCI card
> £40 extension antenna (may not be necessary - but it is likely
> that it will
> be)
> £115 - PC card
>
> Make sure that whatever you buy the antenna is available, otherwise
you
> could find that it doesn't work in certain positions in your house.
>
> If you need an access point because you can't install a PCI card in a
PC
> then things get a bit more expensive. Access Points start at around
£400.
> There are cheaper alternatives out there, but at the moment these
brands
> don't have an external antenna available. I'll say this once more. IF
YOU
> HAVE A PC RUNNING WINDOWS (98SE OR 2000), YOU DON'T NEED AN ACCESS
POINT.