Inductive Load Dimming

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Inductive Load Dimming
  • From: "Steven Dickson" <sdickson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:52:47 -0000

Title: Inductive Load Dimming

Hi Guys,

I've been lurking for a while, busy in work and getting the major jobs like central heating, bathrooms and kitchens sorted post move.

I've been assembling all the HA gear as I've been going along and preplanning items into my overall scheme of things to save on repetitive work later.

I've bought a comfort system, some x10 toys, 240v Halogen lights and torodial transformers to avoid the switched mode ps probs, got an intelligent central heating controller that should allow interface with comfort for on off overrides etc.began to flood wire the house with cat5, cabled for some of the alarm, and got the motorised garage door fitted.  So let the fun begin, all I need now is the time to get the work completed - still have some major tiling and decorating to do once the new double glazing is installed next week.

I've a few questions concerning X10 / Comfort for lighting.

As mentioned above I avoided the switched mode ps for lighting, main question is do the din rail modules (LD10/11) handle inductive loads?  I have three transformers on lights 100/200/300VA Torodial type.  If not I presume I can use either a AD10 or a relay for comfort to control these lights without the dim functionality.

Sorry to be so long winded, needed to share my enthusiasm with someone who 'understands'.

Thanks.

Best Rgds,

Steve Dickson
Industrial Engineering Department