RE: Woohoo!! Bush Internet.TV Success!!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Woohoo!! Bush Internet.TV Success!!
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 06:44:19 -0000

Mick,

At the moment, with the level of knowledge we have about these boxes, the
best we can do is connect using the internal modem, so 33k6 is the best we
can get.

The primary reason that I want to get these working is to have a very rich
UI for the HA system - I can now access Homeseer, for example, using these
boxes and I shall be putting together a TV-friendly home page on one of my
servers soon. Having the ability to connect to the rest of the Internet is
just a (pretty significant) bonus.

Remember, there are two advantages of a broadband connection: (1) access
speed, (2) no usage charges. OK, so the set top box can only communicate at
33k6, but it can do that all day for free without tying up the telephone
line (though it does tie up 2 internal telephone ports).

It's gonna be great, believe me.

Steve