RE: Understanding Comfort...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Understanding Comfort...
  • From: "Michael Mc Aree" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 15:27:55 -0000

Title: Message
Gareth,

I am assuming that everything is wired up OK and you have each PIR on a zone. Bit of a leap I know but it seems that your biggest problems happen when you have responses to certain events.
The opening of your back door having an impact means that it is programmed as an entry/exit door and is most likely another zone (what about your front door?).
Your Back door / lights on problem is most likely that the back door entry zone response is set up incorrectly.

Steve Cooper is right, you can send some of us your CSX file and we can have a look at it but I also think it is worthwhile if you have a bash yourself at it.

Therefore your homework for tonight is as follows;
Start off by checking all your zones and what responses occur when they are activated.
Go into the Engineer menu (you must activate it first (Menu 7,4,? when logged on as user 1).

Select the zone menu
select each Zone and write down what the nice lady says.
Description consisting of up to 4 words: eg: Hall Movement
Zone Type: (should give you a number)
Entry Path: 1=yes 0=No
On Zone Response: (A Number corresponding to a response or Zero for no response)
Off Zone Response: (A Number corresponding to a response or Zero for no response)

Do this for all you 8 zones and lets see what you get.

The most common zone type is 5 which (see Table 8 in Work Actions book) triggers the alarm if they are activated during Night Mode or Away Mode. On Zone Response occurs at ALL TIMES, not just when the alarm is activated. Try entering in response 59 as an on zone response. This should announce the zone name from the keypad. (Changing anything in the zone settings requires a reset I think). You can then walk about and have comfort pester the life out of you by saying "Hall Movement, Hall Movement".

Have a go (but always with a pen and piece of paper) as it is really not that hard to set up a simple alarm with X10 support.

The incentive is to get your homework done before the footy starts tonight :-)

Have Fun!

Michael
BELFAST

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor