Re: Digest Number 1043

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Digest Number 1043
  • From: "Derek Clydesdale" <derek.clydesdale@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:32:47 +0100

Folks

Mark has asked me to post some details on the Swish PoweGlyde curtian motor
I have installed...

I recently bought one of these in a Homebase store in Belfast.  They were
reduced from £90 to £45 or so.  They had maybe 10 or so, covered in dust,
probably from the same store the Response X10 stuff came from :-)

I have a large Bay window, maybe about 8 ft across, and I use it to pull
the
curtians on these.

The curtian track was there when I bought the house almost a year ago and
its a bit stiff.  However, the motor is well powerful enough to open and
close the curtians.

It fits on the wall below the curtian cord, and uses a pull and grip system
to operate the cord.  The cord must be a continuous loop.  Its a box about
50mmx100mmx100mm.

It has a button on the side for activation, but it also operates with power
on, so I use an appliance module to operate the curtians.

Installation was very simple - about an hour.

Its a bit noisy, but effective, and good at the price I paid.

So far, it works quite well, apart from two problems.

1. It only accepts cord between 1mm and 3.5mm.  My cord was borderline, so
retro-fitted a bit of new cord, connected to the existing one.
2. Sometimes, it sticks in the open position and won't operate.  I think
that just needs a bit of adjustment or the tension pot.

I don't get to read this list much these days, so if anyone wants to know
more, email me direct, or ask Mark.

Cheers

Derek Clydesdale