OT:Two-way radios

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: OT:Two-way radios
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:32:01 +0100

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1.  Fill in the brief application
2.  Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9334/9/_/2065/_/969528752/

I want to get a pair of two way radios for use on our annual skiing trip
(Canadian Rockies) and for use in the UK (particularly during wiring jobs
!). I have checked out the Motorola site and like the look of the T6300
series that has been recently release in the US. I have also called
Motorola
in the UK and they dais that these models will not be available over here
before the New Year (too late for the skiing holiday).

I thought someone here might know a bit about two-way radios so here are a
few questions. First is it possible to use a pair of radios in the UK and
in
Canada or will there be problems with frequency (I don't really want to be
arrested for surfing the police band, or more importantly interfere with
mountain rescue). Second is it OK to use units sourced in the US (i.e.. the
T6300) over here (and in Canada). Finally does anyone know of any
alternative makes/models that might be better than the Motorola's (I have a
budget of about £175 for the pair).

Regards

Graham