Re: [A bit OT but possibly relevent] Network woes :-(

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [A bit OT but possibly relevent] Network woes :-(
  • From: Doug Hendry <doug_hendry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 04:41:56 -0700 (PDT)

Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/9/_/2065/_/968067716/

Keith,

I use some shareware called MultiNet Manager that solves this problem. It
can manage all
the network specific settings (IP Address, Browser Proxy Settings, etc,
etc).

You get a menu at boot time where you can select the network configuration
that you want.
It then re-boots the PC (under Win 98) with the correct settings.

The trial version works for a month. After that it will still boot any
network profile
you have set-up but you can no longer create/edit your profiles.

You can find it at http://tucows.tierranet.com/preview/041-004-005-014C.html

--- Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx> wrote: > Hi All,

> Help required from a network guru type.
>
> I have a laptop which I use at work and at home.
>
> At work I MUST have a FIXED 132.146.xxx.xxx IP address.
>
> At home I currently have my home network setup with 132.146.xxx.xxx IP
> addresses but I want to use the Internet Connection Sharing
capabilities of
> WIN98 SE. To do this I must have the home network set to 192.168.0.xxx
IP
> addresses.
>
> Problem...
>
> With the laptop set to 132.146.xxx.xxx it does not work on my home
LAN.

> Win98SE supports DHCP hosting for ICS but I cant set the laptop to
DHCP as