RE: Re: Ultimate Central Heating Thermostat

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Re: Ultimate Central Heating Thermostat
  • From: nick.broughton@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:55:16 +0000

*Occassionally* it does get a tad too hot or cold, but not so much as
to be uncomfortable.  I suspect these occasions are related to
unmonitored variations such as over-occupancy, living room fire on etc.
However I don't think there's too much of a problem there.  As I said
the radiators never get too hot, if the room is hot already then the
amount of heat radiated will be less.  I don't claim to be an expert in
thermo-dynamics but this sounds logical!

The system does allow for a room thermostat to be added to prevent
over-heating.  I'm not sure how this works, but it seems to me it
defeats the purpose.  You can also have a frost protection thermostat
which will turn it on if it gets to about 4 degrees.

Additions I'd like are to restrict (but not stop) the flow to rooms
where the the temperature is the highest(I think this would probably
solve the occasional discrepencies mentioned above), and the facility
to set what time the house is 'at temperature', rather than when the
heating comes on.

Nick