Re: iButton Control of your doors!

At 09:10 16/10/00 +0100, you wrote:
> > Get wooden external doors :-)

Thanks Mark :-P

Door replacement is not an option... anyway, though I didn't expect it, I
actually quite like uPVC ones... and any door with multipoint locking
(which is definitely a good thing) will have the same problem.  I wouldn't
have a Yale lock as my sole external door lock anyway, quite apart from any
insurance issues and the ease of locking oneself out, they're _very_
insecure.  So insecure I've even managed to get past them myself when the
need has arisen, and I'm far from an expert at beating locks!!

>Or the newer type profile uPVC doors which can take a yale type lock.

That's interesting.  Actually, thinking about it, the ideal would be a
motorised Euro-profile cylinder (lots of doors use Europrofile locks, they
are the replacable cylinders that take Yale-type keys).

The difficulty is still the multipoint locking- an electric lock would have
to fire the bolts then lock the door, I'll post here if I have any success
in my search...

On the ibutton subject, does the CC Concepts one use the encrypted ibuttons
or just the standard (fairly trivial to clone) ID ones?  What are others
using for access control?

Nigel

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Call 1-800-555-TELL.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9535/9/_/2065/_/971690638/