Re: Which jukebox?

On 21/01/00, at 19:12, paul gordon wrote:

>That sounds great! Thanks Andy.

Ok, I've knocked up (litteraly) a quick test version (I want to check it=
out on as many OSs as possible).

Some questions

Do you own a Pronto?
What is your OS?

One of the things that may be a problem are the hotkeys. I've designed the=
app to utilise hotkeys so that it can be started up minimised (and inthe=
future in the system tray) and you can still select tracks - you could=
even do other things if your PC's up to it!

Please please please note that this is a test version just so I can get an=
idea of what works on different machines. I haven't completed all the=
support applications yet and there are some restrictions (in the readme -=
which I've added to the bottom of this message). Like I say I knocked it=
up in a couple of hours so forgive me if it looks incomplete - it is and I=
know it. If, however, anyone has any suggestions then please let me know.=
The self extracting archive is about 1.5Mb.

Those of you who want a copy please let me know.

I'm going to email myself a copy at work to test under NT4.0 (SP5)...

Andy

Readme starts here...

Things to note
--------------------

The following keys will NOT be available in any other application that you=
are running
at the same time as MP3 Duke - ie it uses hotkeys! (For those who use IR=
Keyboards)

CTRL 0-9	Used to select song
CTRL S		Skip to next track
CTRL P		Pause/Unpause

Setting up
-----------

1 . Run the setup program
2 . Use the following command ins a DOS window (Please use the exact=
command)

DIR /S/B/O:N C:\*.mp3 >C:\songs.lis

If your MP3s are spread over a number of disks you can use:

DIR /S/B/O:N <Drive Letter>:\*.mp3 >>C:\songs.lis

Where <Drive Letter>  is the next drive to search. Not the extra >
as=
in
>>C:\songs.lis

4 . Teach your Pronto the following keys from your IR keyboard

CTRL 0	Used to select song
CTRL 1	Used to select song
CTRL 2	Used to select song
CTRL 3	Used to select song
CTRL 4	Used to select song
CTRL 5	Used to select song
CTRL 6	Used to select song
CTRL 7	Used to select song
CTRL 8	Used to select song
CTRL 9	Used to select song
CTRL S	Skip to next track
CTRL P	Pause/Unpause

5 . Run the application.

6 . Point your Pronto at the IR receiver and select tracks via numbers.
There is a 5 second timeout (the first track my take a few second
to start but the next one will start imediately afer the first).

7 . Although not essential if you are not using a screen you should
make sure that your ID TAGs are filled out - MP3 Duke reads them
to display info on the current/next track.

Please remember that this version is just to check that things work on
your=
system. The
next version should be much more professional!!

If you have any problems with missing libraries then go to the directory=
that you installed MP3 Duke into and
try running it from there. I haven't included any routines to register the=
DLL's etc - I suggest you don't do this either.

The future
----------

Proper setup/configuration
Application to print track numbers/artist/albums etc
Minimise to systray
Set Decoder priority
Variable timeout on track input
Select Whole Album
Select all albums for artist
Randomise entire collection
Load/save playlists
Support for LCD output

--- Tag-it V1.0 (c) Andy Powell 1998
One lawyer in a town will starve. Two will prosper.

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from=
=0D
anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a=
=0D
digital camera.