Real Time MP3 Encoding

  • To: "UKHA Discussion (E-mail)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Real Time MP3 Encoding
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:32:36 -0000

Hi All,

Whilst we are on the subject of MP3 Jukebox functionality a quick question.

Does anyone know of a program that allows Real Time MP3 encoding from the
soundcard.

I am just building my Jukebox machine and it has a Soundblaster 1024 which
though would be pretty damn good as an audio recorder in my AV rack. I know
I can record to a *.wav file and then encode it but if I want to
"tape" a 60
minute radio program it would take over 600Mb of disk space. By encoding it
on the fly direct from the soundcard without an intermediate wav file it
will only take about 60Mb

Processor speed shouldnt be a problem as it is going to be an AMD K6-2-400
with 64M Ram and two hard disks.

Thanks

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY Home Automation

For the fastest and easiest way to backup your files and, access them from

anywhere. Try @backup Free for 30 days.  Click here for a chance to win a

digital camera.
http://click.egroups.com/1/337/3/_/2065/_/948468905/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ukha_d/