Re: LP3 hardware Mpeg player

Nigel Orr wrote:

> At 20:09 23/02/00 +1300, you wrote:
> >There is justification for directional cables, but not the bull
that the
> >sales people go on about the electrons and crap,
>
> Not directional phono cables though... maybe directional balanced
cables,
> but you're right, it doesn't quite come across properly in the sales
spiel...

No, anything in the cable that was polarity sensitive would be like a
diode or something - but im sure that would add considerable warmth to
the sound :) hehe

> The only possible use for them is if the cable is wired as a screened
pair,
> and the screen is connected at one end, and you use that end as the
earth
> point.  However, most people connect them so the signal flow is in the
> direction of the arrows, which is just stupid market-nonsense- if
anything
> all the arrows should point to (or away from, depending on the
convention
> of the chosen cables) the star point...

I could go to the local coax manafacturer and get some printed with

MEGA-PRICE SUPER CABLE - >>>>>>>> SIGNAL FLOW THIS
WAY ONLY

and impress people by putting RCA connectors the size of your thumb on
it.

> >I tried one like that bot the right and wrong way and heard no
> >difference in the noise level.
>
> Fancy that.  But it probably made the soundstage more open and somehow
> real, and you didn't notice :-)

Hmmm.. I think your right, but im sure my optical cable was disturbing
that somehow..

> Nigel (professional audio engineering cynic)

@Backup-The Easiest Way to Protect and Access your files.
Automatic backups and off-site storage of your critical data.  Install
your FREE trial today and have a chance to WIN a digital camera!
Click here.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1830/3/_/2065/_/951297319/

-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/ukha_d/?m=1