Re: C&W Caller ID

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: C&W Caller ID
  • From: Nigel Orr <nigel.orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:05:52 +0000

At 08:46 04/02/00 -0000, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if Cable & Wireless offer a Caller ID service? and
if
>they do is it the same as BT's? ie will my Hayes Accura work with it?

Have a look at:
http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm

In short, Yes, No, probably not...

http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/hayes.htm
has more info on Hayes modems,
but I think they are BT standard only, not CCA.

BTW, it also contains this, which might be of interest to Raymond...

http://www.ainslie.org.uk/callerid/cli_faq.htm#Q_14

14. How do I know if someone's calling me when I'm online?

This is an increasingly common question. Unfortunately, the only modems to
support Call Waiting are the American Actiontec ones and the Call Waiting
tones often force modems to drop the line.  Some people want this, but it
is possible to get modems and Call Waiting ID boxes to coexist [...snip
more detail...]

Does that help?

Nigel

Shop for your Valentine at eGroups!