RE: TV co-ax question

  • To: "'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: TV co-ax question
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:24:39 -0000

Cambell

If you only use the RF output you will only have MONO sound on satellite.
Nicam requires a very complicated and expensive encoder to generate the
NICAM signal. Ensure you have installed at least one CAT5 cable (preferably
2)  to each location and you will be able to use my KAT5 units to send
Stereo and either Composite or SVideo to each location.

The first KAT5 units will be available in the new year. The PCB's are ready
to go to the manufacturer and it will then take about 3 weeks for the
boards to be delivered.

Keith