RE: Motorised Curtain Review

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Motorised Curtain Review
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:53:34 -0000

Just read the review, very interesting thanks Clive. I do have a couple of questions though. First off what exactly did you do for wiring when you prewired for curtain control, was it simply an additional cat 5 run to each window or something more. Second, several of the pictures do not display for me, could be a fault at my end, could be a fault on Marks site/page. Finally, what is the action with the light sensor, for example if the curtains are already open at dawn does it then close them and if I have the curtains closed during the day for watching a film for example, will they then open at dusk ? If there is some intelligence built in around the light sensor that avoids these problems then there might be the opportunity to control the curtains via comfort direct rather than X10. I was thinking of simply removing the light sensor and connecting the corresponding terminals to some Comfort relay or something similar.

Regards

Graham

eGroups Sponsor
click