Re: Sensor

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Sensor
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 20:39:32 BST

Yep, Comfort sell a current sensor for the Comfort Alarm panel,
(www.comfort.org.uk/products/csm01.html) which connects directly to a zone
input, and so would work on any other digital input port I would imagine...

I got one when I ordered my Comfort system intending to put it on my TV, so
that Comfort would know if the TV is on or not, in order to decide whether
to switch to a camera view.

Unfortunately, it is not sensitive enough to detect the difference between
my TV being fully on, and "on" in standby mode. (I never turn the
TV fully
off at the mains).

It works absolutely perfectly if/when I do turn the mains off though, so
would be fine for your application.

It costs £19 - the mains wire to be monitored is fed through the centre of
small transformer, so you very well may have to cut your bathroom light
supply cable to pass it through, and then join it again....

Paul G.