RE: Advice on custom input/output for pc

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Advice on custom input/output for pc
  • From: REB.Barnett@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:13:50 +0100

An LCD display (as opposed to LED) might not be any good to you, but on the
off chance that it is, take a look at http://www.basicx.com

They do quite a nice 4 line LCD display with both a serial and keypad
interface. You hook it up to your PC and a cheap keypad, and then control
it
by sending it text commands over the serial port. The display reports any
keypresses back to the PC via the serial link.

It'll probably take a bit of jiggery pokering to get it to work with
existing apps, but if you're a VB man then it'd be a doddle.

And Mark, before you ask, I'll do a review on it once I've had time to play
with it properly (prepare for the 'recommendations for keypads' messages),
along with all the other reviews I've promised...

Ray.

Open the door to endless possibilities for your home!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7726/9/_/2065/_/965131873/