RE:Resistor values Was AD conversions

  • To: ukha_d <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE:Resistor values Was AD conversions
  • From: Keith Doxey <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:15:52 +0100

Spookey  :-))

Nigel must have the same stock of resistors as me :-)
1K and 10k in quantities of 1000's and a handful of other values in 10's or
20's.

I also assumed that because of the noisy (electricaly) environment the
driving signal would almost certainly be quite low impedence and kept the
resistor values reasonably low to minimise the possibility of noise pickup
on the divider network. Also I took the A/D input to be >10k or even
100k.

At college we were told that for rough calculations anything an order of
magnitude out could be more or less ignored. ie. 10k in parallel with 1k
still roughly equals 1k rather than 910 ohms.

Good to see that our second responses were almost identical too.
It means either we both have it right or have made the same mistakes :-)

Keith

Life's too short to send boring email. Let SuperSig come to the rescue.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6137/9/_/2065/_/962634132/