Re: Occupancy Sensors - Bik 'People Detector'

At 11:54 23/06/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Mode', but it does involve using insulated aviary wire mesh under the
floors
>or carpets

Andrew, no chance for this lot- they won't even put cables under the
floors, let alone wire mesh
:-)

It does make that discussion about conductive wallpaper last week look
frighteningly likely though!

If the BT thing that Keith mentioned comes off, and cheaply, it would be an
excellent system, VLSI vision, a spin off company from research in the
University of Edinburgh was proposing something similar a few years ago,
with processing built into the CCD element, but I've not seen any products
using them- the pages at http://www.vvl.co.uk/products/image_sensors/home.htm
have some information about the sensors.

The 'field disturbance' system with the wire mesh certainly sounds
interesting, similar to outdoor systems which are sometimes used for
detecting people between 2 sets of fences etc, but _much_ cheaper.

Is it CE tested?  Did Taybell notice any interference from it- I presume in
'transmit' mode it generates it's own field, if that's in the same
frequency range that anything else uses, it might be a source of
interference (audio, video, remote controls etc etc).

And the 'review' mentions that he has to realign the antenna every time he
changes the bed sheets... I thought automation was supposed to save
effort...

Definitely interesting though,

Nigel

Redecorating your house, but can't see to come up with the money?
Rate businesses in your area to win $5,000. HURRY--CONTEST ENDS 6/30
http://click.egroups.com/1/5551/9/_/2065/_/961759689/