Re: Modulation..

Paul,

> Errr.... Isn't there something of a flaw with this arrangement...

No, not really - I didn't mention the 'interface' part - Each room has/will
have an X10 transmitter (don't laugh you lot!) and song numbers are entered
using a separate house code (for some eg A for Livingroom, and Dining room,
B all for bedrooms) when you enter your song number (eg. 1234) the song is
queued (like a real jukebox) it can be quite slow but it seems to work
fine.
The numbers don't have to be attached to just a song, they can be play
lists
or, for example 9999 which is randomise). Each room has it's own amp (or
old
stereo)  so that  it has local control of the volume. I'm also thinking
about using  webradio on another channel but the quality of that seems
pretty c**p.  Once I can afford a Pronto for each location (Lotto!) then it
will be easier, I could have song names on buttons and  use the IR to x10
interface to send the commands. Not really very pretty but until they get
their skates on with Bluetooth stuff it's the only practical solution at
the
moment.

Andy

This message is intended only for use by the person to whom
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. Its content does not constitute a formal commitment by
Lombard Odier. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender and destroy this message. Thank you.

SALESFORCE.COM MAKES SOFTWARE OBSOLETE
Secure, online sales force automation with 5 users FREE for 1 year!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2658/9/_/2065/_/961686107/