Re: LCDs etc

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: LCDs etc
  • From: Nigel Orr <Nigel.Orr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:25:16 +0100

At 11:22 17/06/00 +0100, you wrote:
>co-operative and develop a hardware/software solution that many of us
could
>use round our homes?

Hasn't it already been done?  The lcdproc pages seem to cover most
applications, and the displays 'just plug in' to the serial or parallel
ports.  Did you have something extra in mind?  My only addition would be an
RS-232 > RS-485 converter to allow the displays to run on long cables,
but
that's trivial.

>There are many many uses for such display from server monitor screens
to MP3
>jukebox info.

Definitely, if there are useful applications that haven't been covered yet,
I'd certainly be interested in them...

Nigel

http://click.egroups.com/1/5533/7/_/2065/_/961403369/