RE: CCTV

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CCTV
  • From: "M McAree Jr" <michael.mcaree@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:01:13 +0100

I got one of those B&W cameras for £30 in B&Q that hooks up to a
scart
socket. I have it wired into my Voodoo 300TV card. I also have a X10 motion
sensor. When motion is detected homeseer runs a script. The script exits to
a modified vbvidcap.exe program which captures the image to
c:\capture\[date].jpg. (I plan to have it upload the latest image and SMS
me
when NTL introduce free online) All this fairly straightforward , your
problem lies in wanting multiple cameras. How do you know which camera to
choose??
The only thing I can think of is to have a Scart-splitter/extender plugged
into your video/PC Card. If all the cameras are powered at the same time
you
will just get a jumbled signal. If you connect the power supply to an
appliance module and only switch it on when motion is detected and off
after
image is recorded then only one valid signal will be received by the
video/PC Card. Therefore you only receive the correct image. My problem is
that by the time this happens the 'guest' will have walked the 5 paces from
the driveway past my camera !!

This is just me thinking out loud and I'm sure there are going to be better
suggestions from others.

For updates to a website have a look at Homewatcher.

Michael
Belfast

You'd
> have to capture at a pretty hi-res to be of any use.  My HA PC
> (Otto) is an
> old P233MMX with 64meg and no capture hardware.
>
> 4. When 24/7 Net access is "free" later this year I will
have my home
> permanently connected to the Net via my Home Highway.  What's the best
way
> to have the camera output sent to my desk at work?
>
> 5. I can use my drive sensors and external PIRs round the house
> to tell when
> and where to record from.  Anyone got the logic for this worked out in
> macro HV?
>
> 6. If you get a sea gull to eat an alka-sleser is it true they
explode?

> Thanks
>
> M.
>
> PS - Here's a nice idea!  A CCTV camera that plugs into a standard
CAT5
> oulet and sends pictures over your LAN/WAN
> http://www.uk.axis.com/products/cam_2100/index.html
>
> _________________________________
> The UKs Premier Home Automation Site
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk

> Whatever you want, chances are you'll find it at one of the hundreds
> of sites in The PointClick Network--like Disney.com, eCost.com,
> FogDog.com and many more. You get paid as you shop and an additional
> 10% off any purchase, anytime.

Win $1000 at eGroups!
Enter "$1000 Fridays" at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/2862/5/_/2065/_/955545640/