Re: IR control systems

Dear Paul,
I'm posting your previous answers on the comfort egroup.
User Forum:            http://www.egroups.com/group/comfort/

> I think I'll investigate this a bit further, - has anyone done
anything
like
> this? - Andrew, care to comment on the possibilities?

Yes, Campbell is using X10 received responses to trigger IR commands with
his Comfort.

> How would one go about this hardware-wise - I already have one of the
> Comfort IR cloner devices, (I haven't configured / used it yet), I was
under
> the impression that this is a pretty simple device, capable of
learning
just
> two codes (is that correct?). - Would the idea be to use one of these,
or
> some other IR emmitter? - and if so what exactly?

The only hardware you need is an IR LED, a 100 ohm resistor and a cable
between the Comfort output and the target area.
We can learn the codes from your remote (£15/rem) and send you the text
file
so that Comfort
can send the IR code from an output. If it doesn't work, we refund you.

The Training Manual in the technical section describes this in section 10.
http://www.comfort.org.uk/technical/

The IR cloner is an independent device which can learn a couple of codes
direct from you remote, which
is fine if all you want to do is trigger record and stop(or similar).

Regards

Andrew Roberts (Technical Sales Manager)
Comfort Home Controls
(New Sales Line 44(0)1244 680675)
(New Tech Line 44(0)906 3004444)
Manufacture, Distribution & Support