Modular Electrical Accessories

  • To: "UKHA Discussion" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Modular Electrical Accessories
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <keith.doxey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 23:04:05 +0100

Hi All,

Recently several people have emailed me regarding modular electrical
accessories.
There is a section on my website which gives details of several
manufacturers and the modules they had available at the time of writing.
These pages can be found in the WIRING section. Since then, MK have dropped
the older Logic range and now only do Logic Plus. There may well be extra
modules available now, I will update the pages as soon as I get the new
catalogues.

MK Electric	http://www.mkelectric.co.uk
Contactum	http://www.contactum.co.uk

Whilst helping Mark to prewire his new house, the electricians showed us
the
CLIPSAL catalogue which has a large number of modular accessories
available.
Clipsal are on 01494 521111 http://www.clipsal.co.uk  (according to
their
catalogue although the site isnt yet ready use http://www.clipsal.com
instead).

Most of the electrical manufacturers will send you a catalogue if you call
them, dont bother asking a wholesaler for a catalogue as they NEVER have
any. Once you know what you want any electrical wholesaler should be able
get the parts you require.

Today I was looking around my local B&Q Superstore and noticed a couple
of
new brands that I hadnt seen before. One was packaged as RPP and the whole
range was modular. Even B&Q had CAT5 jacks on the shelves. Prices were
very
reasonable and a quick search on the web found
http://www.teeco.com/catalog.htm
Click on the Manufacturers button and
follow the links for RPP. They also make CAT5 Patch panels.

The other brand that caught my eye was labelled as Elite. I couldnt find an
address on the packaging and searching the web revealled nothing but there
is also a Jo-Jo logo (as in the extension lead people) on the package. I
couldnt find anything on the danish Jo-Jo site www.jojo.dk but the parent
company appears to be The Lexel Group http://www.lgx.com and there is
mention of EIB and LON technology so it may well be worth exploring that
site a bit further.

Mark is sending me one of Clipsal's wallplates and their modular Neon
Indicator which I will be disecting to turn it into an Infra-Red receiver
module (just using the case and lens), so expect some photos of the
finished
prototype from Mark's excellent digital camcorder in the next couple of
weeks.

Hope some of you find this useful

Keith

Keith Doxey
http://www.btinternet.com/~krazy.keith
Krazy Keith's World of DIY HomeAutomation

The Weather Underground. We provide weather across the world.
Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/48

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/ukha_d
http://www.eGroups.com - Simplifying
group communications