UK Version of HAL2000

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: UK Version of HAL2000
  • From: "Mark McCall" <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:32:05 -0000

Hi Guys

Here is some news I've just posted on the website thought you'd be
interested in...

Over the weekend Home Automated Living released a beta of the UK version of
HAL2000 (http://www.automatedliving.com).
Lead by Cocoonz
(http://www.cocoonz.com) in Belgium,
myself and various other testers from
Scandinavia, the Benelux, Eastern and Southern Europe are starting to
evaluate it.  With Cocoonz being so envloved in the development of the UK
version there should be plenty of British and European content to provide
relevant information like Stock prices, TV Listing and news etc.  (For
those that haven't heard of HAL2000 - it's a speech driven HA system which,
on top of the usual HA features links to the Internet, downloading
information and allowing you to ask questions like "What's on BBC1
tonight
at 8:00pm?").

I have not been given a firm date for the actual release yet but hopefully
it will not be too far off now.  More information as I have it.

Regards

Mark

@Backup- Automatic, Safe, Reliable online backups
and restores. Free for 30 days.