IR Keyboard - reviewed

Hi All,

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. It is basically a notebook
keyboard with quite a good key feel. The "mouse" is split with
the
buttons on the left side of the unit and the movement controlled by a
raised circular rubber blob on the right. This means that you can hold
the keyboard and operate the mouse quite easily. Getting accurate
control is an art I haven't managed to master yet plus my movement
sensors seem to get stuck and continue to move the cursor after I've let
go. I'm positive this is an intermittent fault with my keyboard rather
than a generic design fault. The keyboard operates at the specified
distance. I can only block the transmission signal by putting the
keyboard under the desk, the signal bounces off walls and even goes
through my jumper. It comes with leads to convert the mouse from RS232
to PS/2, a PS/2 keyboard connector converter, batteries and a lead to
directly connect the keyboard to the IR computer sensor when the
keyboard batteries run out. The IR receiver takes its power from the
computer keyboard connector and has a lead about 2m long.

I was hoping that extended use would cure my phantom mouse problems but
it doesn't seem to be helping, what are Scan like at replacing faulty
stuff, do I have to pay for return postage ?

--

A. Goodyear	agood[AT]@jet[DOT].uk	Ex. 5192

Joint European Torus, K1/0/66, Abingdon, Oxon, UK.

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ukha_d