Re: CAT 5 for new-build --- how many per room?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: CAT 5 for new-build --- how many per room?
  • From: "Mike Dalgleish" <md@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:51:41 +0100

Digital Video and Cat5

Yes, I expect digital video distribution with video on demand from a gang
of
hard-disk drives in the basement within 5 years.  Different rooms can get
different live and time shifted programmes on demand, e.g. I watch US
Business on CNBC from 6 hours earlier, whilst my daughter catches the
Simpsons from earlier in the week, pausing or fast forwarding as required.

CT125

Really RG6 is good enough.  A little extra loss can easily be boosted out.
CT125 means awkward routing (stiff cable), extra expense for little
benefit.
(Unless you beleive in gold-plated loudspeaker leads!

Use a blank panel and drill it for your UHF or F style connectors.

M.

Simplifying group communications

Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/475